Music Banter - View Single Post - donald trump 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 06:25 PM   #3401 (permalink)
Terrapin_Station
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
It's stereotyping women as being nothing more than sex appeal. It's pretty cut and dry and you should know that.
That's complete nonsense. No one is saying that they're nothing more than. That's simply the focus. No matter what you say about someone, there is some focus that's not the totality of them--as if you could talk about the totality of that person anyway.
Quote:
You don't have to make on outright statement to make implications and you should know that.
Where is the implication coming from in your view?

I'll tell you where it's coming from: assumptions on your part that probably have nothing whatsoever to do with what the person in question actually thinks.
Quote:
Unless you understand morality
Morality is noncognitive. There aren't moral truths.
Quote:
If you are putting together a basketball team and you pick members based upon anything other than their basketball playing ability (I can't believe I actually have to explain this by the way) then chances are you are not going to have a good team.
No one said that people in general are likely to judge selected persons to be the best at properties that are different than the persons were were selected for. That doesn't mean that the selectors do not make selections based on all sorts of features that others might consider superfluous.
Quote:
In this case the decisions of who you put in government office effects a lot more than a basketball team and you should know that.
I'd need to have a very different opinion of politicians in general to believe that it makes much of a difference who we put in office, especially when we're limited to choosing among Democrats and Republicans.