Music Banter - View Single Post - InterGender Sports
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 10:39 AM   #40 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
What about a sport like horse racing? idk anything about it, but i think its segregated and i assume it might be one of the few instances where biology gives women the competitive advantage.
I don't see why a female jockey wouldn't be able to be just as successful or more than a male, due to lower body weight. I guess the reaction speed might be an issue, but I suppose a highly trained race horse might make up the difference to a degree. But I don't really know anything whatsoever about horse racing anyway, so that's just a guess. But I'd support merging men and women in that sport (although I'd be perfectly happy to have the sport itself abolished altogether).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
InterGender Sports should be allowed as much as eSports should be allowed to be considered a legitimate sport.
Upon further consideration I think it might only work with certain sports. If a woman tennis player could hold her own against men then I see no problem (though I doubt many if any would be able to go toe-to-toe with Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal), but full-contact sports like American football and hockey sounds like a bad idea. Not only would women likely be more prone to injury (differences in bone density for instance), but I imagine a linebacker tasked with crushing a female running back like a twig as he would a man might very well hesitate and hold back, which would undermine the integrity of the game.

That last point is conjecture, but I know I would be hard pressed to full body tackle a woman without any hesitation, and I imagine the majority of males would feel the same.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote