Music Banter - View Single Post - Mon journal politique
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 01:31 PM   #53 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I have no idea what the correlation of IQ to race actually is, but theoretically I imagine that different climates and environments would lead to different challenges, which would lead to differences in problem solving, which would lead to differences in IQ (or whatever"). Whether those differences would be in any way significant, or whether the separate races evolved in their specific areas long and isolated enough to develop significant differences in brain **** I have zero idea. And since different climate = different challenges and not necessarily less challenges, or challenges that would produce more mental sophistication, then it's all just a mental exercise as far as I know.

But it's still interesting to think about. I know I'm smarter than whatever race Frownland is though.
That is what one of the scholars speculates above. That's its conceivable that after thousands of years of surviving in a particular environment would lead to different adaptations in the brain structure, which could interpret general intelligence.

I of course however am looking for hard empirical data. I suppose no one has come up with an exact correlation between intelligence and IQ, or it's hereditary percentage, but if anyone has knowledge on individual studies that would be relevant to this discussion that cite correlations, please contribute.

00-.19 “very weak”
 .20-.39 “weak”
 .40-.59 “moderate”
 .60-.79 “strong”
 .80-1.0 “very strong”

Gotta go, but I'll be back.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote