Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 07:14 AM   #17986 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
Saw the new Oulja movie today. Went into expecting it to blow, even with it's critical acclaim, but boy was I wrong. There are some nods to The Exorcist, Poltergeist, and a bunch of other classic horror movies that I probably just didn't pick up on my first viewing.

Frown, or anyone else who enjoys a well made horror film, check this out asap. It has great atmosphere and properly utilized jump scares that still have me frightened about an hour after leaving the theatre.
This Ouija movie shouldn't even be compared to the first one or be related to it. I understand why they didn't name it Ouija 2. The acting was pretty great and at times I was a little upset about the acting being so good for a horror movie that I wanted to just pass off as another typical jump scare movie. I liked all the nods to other horror movies along with tackling a few horror movie tropes. I loved the part when
Spoiler for minor spoils:
the older daughter said yeah let's not split up that's never a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paedantic Basterd View Post
I literally returned to the forum because I just recently saw the Darjeeling Limited and suddenly Wes Anderson made complete sense, but I don't have anybody to talk to about his films.

Someone please indulge me.
I feel like Darjeeling Limited was my proper introduction to Wes Anderson. I did see The Royal Tenenbaums and The Life Aquatic when I was younger but I just passed them off as pretty boring movies and I felt like I didn't quite get the charm and appeal of his movies. Darjeeling changed all of that though, I should go back and watch those two other movies now that I have a greater appreciation for his work. I haven't seen any of his other movies so I need to get on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paedantic Basterd View Post
I hated Mulholland Drive because I didn't immediately follow it. I experience confusion as a physical sensation, and if I can't quickly resolve it, it gives way to a feeling of frustrated stupidity. Which I find hateful and painful.

As a result, me and David Lynch films are not good friends. I'm not saying it's right, but I get it.
OOooo, I love David Lynch films. I feel like I don't even have to understand them to love it. I don't have to follow what's going on. The more random I think something is the better. Also something that may appear to be random ends up being meaningful but I usually don't completely understand until I read analysis pieces from other people online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff View Post
Idk bud but I try not to put her at fault for it. Definitely hard trying to enjoy things I like with her but at least I'm open to whatever anyways. She got me to watch Interstellar and I cried 4 times.
I had to watch Interstellar twice before the waterfalls started. The first time I watched it was a bit confusing because I was just like half ass watching it in the background while at my desk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff View Post
She mostly watches B horror movies. And she's way into labelling things as pretentious quickly. Really gets on my nerves but it's whatever.
Girl after my own heart with the B horror movies thing but too bad she's so judgemental about other things though and isn't as open.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote