Music Banter - View Single Post - What kind of music do you find most unappealing?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 02:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
GD
???pp? ??snW

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
That song has about twenty seconds in total of being mildly entertaining, but the rest of it falls short of all of those categories since "boring" wasn't included in the OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
But it doesn't suck cause it's unoriginal, it sucks cause it's just dull. There's no particular way to describe its dullness other than just being dull.
fyi there is an "etc." in parentheses in the poll options, so that could fit under there, but words like "boring" or "dull" can go both ways, (or potentially apply to both a and b) depending on your subjective taste, so that's why I din't include them. Giving an answer to the poll would be more about for what reason you think it's "dull" or something like that. I would be bored by "My heart will go on" for the reasons listed under a) (or associated terms), which in turn edges me towards giving the first answer to the poll.
So it really comes down to whether you dislike it for those kind of reasons or different reasons altogether. If the former is the case, it would depend what puts you off the most between something like the Titanic song and for example the Penderecki piece I posted on the previous page.