Music Banter - View Single Post - Is classical music still relevant today?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 02:28 PM   #238 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
"Shoved in" lulz. Like any other genre, it can be used for increasing the efficacy of the visuals and has become a cliche because it is so effective. Just admit that you're wrong DJ.
I don't deny that but again it isn't what the OP was asking. Now let's address the second part of your post which is more relevant to the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
"Today's music" is infinitely more ambiguous of an entity than it ever has been, too. 90% of "today's music" has not had a fraction of the success and recognition as the classic composers or even more modern ones like Julia Wolfe and David Lang. So in comparison to today's music, classical is more popular than it ever has been, since we're juxtaposing it to the music of the world today.
"Today's music" can be defined by what's popular on TOP 40 radio stations.
Those stations don't have classical pieces being played in heavy rotation. The majority of people listen to the radio whether they want to or not through work or just toss it to a TOP 40 station when they hop in the car. Be realistic. there is no way that classical music is more popular than most common genres. This isn't about success/record sales like you are trying to make it be about. This is about the reach of the music through radio stations. Sure there are a few classical radio stations but I bet they hardly get as many listeners as a TOP 40 station or Urban hip hop/R&B station or Country radio station.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote