Music Banter - View Single Post - The Argument thread.
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 05:54 PM   #345 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
i would like to see how you would react if brittain was overrun by immigrants claming it was their land leaving you a minority in your own country.....i think you'd just go with it ey?

you know what i'd do if i had no money and was fighting a loosing battle against a much more powerful enemy with powerful protectors?
i would start blowing people up....
i'd just like to comment on the "fighting a loosing battle against a much more powerful enemy with powerful protectors" part. Immediately after the second world war, the arabs were in an FAR more powerful position than the jews in every way. They far outnumbered them in population, finanially they were backed by some of the richest regimes in the world, britain was selling them state of the art arms ands munitions and preventing the jews from buying arms ANYWHERE by putting diplomatic pressure on virtually every other country who were sympathetic to their plight. When the brithish finally did pull out of palestine, they left the majority of their fortresses loated in key strategical positions to the arabs. After the jews declared statehood, they wanted nothing more than to live next to the arab communities in peace, and the arabs attacked, murdered, and destroyed numerous jewish settlements (many of which were comprised of elderly, ulta orthodox jews who had no ways of defending themselves) completely unprovoked. How the hell were the jews the ones with the power in this situation?
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote