Music Banter - View Single Post - The Argument thread.
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 02:45 AM   #349 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber
i'd just like to comment on the "fighting a loosing battle against a much more powerful enemy with powerful protectors" part. Immediately after the second world war, the arabs were in an FAR more powerful position than the jews in every way. They far outnumbered them in population, finanially they were backed by some of the richest regimes in the world, britain was selling them state of the art arms ands munitions and preventing the jews from buying arms ANYWHERE by putting diplomatic pressure on virtually every other country who were sympathetic to their plight. When the brithish finally did pull out of palestine, they left the majority of their fortresses loated in key strategical positions to the arabs. After the jews declared statehood, they wanted nothing more than to live next to the arab communities in peace, and the arabs attacked, murdered, and destroyed numerous jewish settlements (many of which were comprised of elderly, ulta orthodox jews who had no ways of defending themselves) completely unprovoked. How the hell were the jews the ones with the power in this situation?
well, hats down to the jews for whoopin the arab arses in a situation that was not so promising, i'm still in awe at the way they won those arab wars.....
and of course, i was reffering to the more recent situation in which the palestines have gotten themselves into....

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote