Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #781 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
You'd be surprised how many of them actually do have the ability to do what you do. In fact, you're probably as replaceable as they are.

But could you do what they do? Let's be honest here.

Have you ever worked at a Ready Ice? Stacking pallets of ice to up over your head for hours and hours at a time in a quick steady pace. Any where between 5-20 pound bags constantly being stacked up to four hours straight at a very quick pace. The lowest paying job in that company too. People rarely last a day. ****, people rarely last beyond the first two hours. I've seen somebody quit after two hours and we didn't even do the hard ****. So, somebody works there they're whole life, pays their fair share of taxes which they can hardly afford and gos to sleep at night on a ****ty mattress that keeps them up at night because their back was destroyed and I guarantee backs can easily be destroyed at that job. They can't afford the healthcare to fix their back nor a proper retirement and you feel like you are a martyr because a pay a little more in taxes? As you sleep in a comfortable bed that I bet feels great on your perfectly aligned spine because all the **** the guy who can't afford it needs goes straight to the guy who can as a pure luxury. No, you couldn't do that. I guarantee you could not be that guy.

And of course it's easy for the guy who gains the most to say "tough ****". If I steal your cookie and eat it in front of you and say "tough ****" when you complain about it that doesn't change the situation and you'll probably buy a whole box of cookies and have all of MB eat it in front of me because you can afford the whole box while I had to take yours. And those cookies will be better. Like, I'd steal your chips ahoy and you'd share the delicious half baked home made chocolate chip cookies.

Point is, you're not special and you only accept the status quo because you are the one who is benefiting.
Dude, I worked days and nights as a kid slaving in the backs of freezers at multiple grocery locations, loading and unloading pallets of material, moving things around under less than desirable, sometimes dangerous conditions, etc. Less than minimum wage too. No benefits, awful hours, etc. etc. etc.

Again: everyone has a sob story. Trying to use an emotional argument to contradict what I fundamentally understand about human nature is pointless. What's the point of whining about the status quo when you have nothing better to bring to the table? It's like the people talking about the ACA: yeah it fucking sucks and yeah its a complete failure, but the Republicans still have no idea what they really want to replace it with.

The cold, hard truth is that you can't please everyone all of the time. There's no such system and there never will be. That's why you try to make smart decisions and figure out the rules of the game. It's very easy to complain and be envious: it is far more difficult to be pragmatic. And that is in spire of the inevitable strife and opposition and random bullshit that will befall you just for even attempting anything regardless of what kind of economic goals you have.

So no, I won't stop feeling proud of what I've managed to do for myself. I worked smart, I worked hard, and I observed and learned by being careful. I'll be as arrogant as I want and you know what? It feels great. That's the joy of being human.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 01-12-2017 at 03:16 PM.