Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2017, 05:54 PM   #781 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
So Trump will be influencing the actions of people dumb enough to look up to the president? I think they deserve it if so.

I bully retards on here every day, so I'm not about to denounce that.
I didn't expect a serious response. You didn't let me down. At least you, unlike Goofle, are willing to call a spade, a spade.
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 01-10-2017, 05:55 PM   #782 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,994
Default

It is a serious response. Politicians are terrible role models and people who think otherwise don't deserve good role models.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Old 01-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #783 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
It is a serious response. Politicians are terrible role models and people who think otherwise don't deserve good role models.
No, we are taught from grade school to look up to and respect the POTUS. Any person in that chair should try to set a good example, at least on the surface.

I'm mostly taking about young kids here who don't know any better.
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 01-10-2017, 06:07 PM   #784 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
No, we are taught from grade school to look up to and respect the POTUS
And you are a dumbass if you believe this.

Quote:
Any person in that chair should try to set a good example, at least on the surface.
It's nice, that's for sure.

Quote:
I'm mostly taking about young kids here who don't know any better.
Parents exist for a reason.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Old 01-10-2017, 06:40 PM   #785 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Some things shouldn't need explaining considering we're all adults here. Anyhoo, Trump is in a position of power. Things he says and does may, and can influence other's opinions and actions. Can we agree that it's not cool to bully others or make fun of them in a manner that takes advantage of a limitation or disability? Can we agree on that?

Can we also agree on the definition of a role model: A role model is a person whose behavior, or example, is or can be emulated by others, especially by younger people.

Are we putting 2 and 2 together yet? Is the picture coming into focus?
Can we agree that there is a difference between empowerment and being influential? Causing people to act out is not empowerment. He's not passing laws that enable them, they aren't being afforded any special benefits, they are not being given any more of a platform to speak then they previously had..

So again, with sincerity, can you explain to me what am I missing?
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline  
Old 01-10-2017, 06:47 PM   #786 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,765
Default

One of the definitions of empowerment is: The process of becoming stronger and more confident.

So if I'm a bully, and I see the POTUS getting away with being a bully, then it makes me more confident in being a bully.

DWV, this site only needs one Frownland.
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 01-10-2017, 06:49 PM   #787 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,994
Default

So people who find and call out Trump's actions as deplorable don't exist in any kind of large numbers? So that's why he won.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Old 01-10-2017, 06:51 PM   #788 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
One of the definitions of empowerment is: The process of becoming stronger and more confident.

So if I'm a bully, and I see the POTUS getting away with being a bully, then it makes me more confident in being a bully.

DWV, this site only needs one Frownland.
Don't call me Frownland.. I know you're used to arguing with him, but you don't need to get all defensive. I wasn't using the term empowerment in that sense, I'm not aware of every definition of every word.

Now that we have an understanding on the usage I don't disagree with you, but I think it's a bit of an over reaction.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline  
Old 01-10-2017, 07:00 PM   #789 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
So people who find and call out Trump's actions as deplorable don't exist in any kind of large numbers? So that's why he won.
What the flying **** is your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Don't call me Frownland..
I'm truly sorry man. Will never do it again.
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 01-10-2017, 07:01 PM   #790 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,994
Default

The people who never stop bitching about Trump empower people not to be like him. The math adding up now?
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.