Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 08:24 AM   #1447 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Honestly, I think I feel more sympathetic for Trump at this point compared to the media. Especially when they make threats that contradict their job description.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a29e1c444870
You're correct that Zucker should have never said this. All CNN needs to do is train their cameras on Trump and 6 months from now he'll have dug his own grave. The man is still in campaign mode. It's hard to keep talking about 'American carnage' when you're the man in the big chair. Americans have short attention spans; Obama was blamed for the 2008 financial collapse, even though it was the culmination of 8 years of Bush's policies.

But this is kind of like an anti-police protester spitting on cops, lopping piss-balloons, etc. and then being shocked when it takes longer than usual for them to respond to a 911 call at that guy's house. Unfair, yes. Understandable, also yes.

I quite like this adversarial relationship though. If anything, it will hasten the demise of his political movement. I mean, the man can't help but lie. His inaugural event was under-attended compared to past inaugurations. The Women's March brought in more than double the people but he could not stop himself from both insinuating that they were poor losers and lying about the turnout. Small lies beget big ones. He'll be caught in a doozy he can't walk back from soon enough.

Last edited by riseagainstrocks; 01-23-2017 at 08:32 AM.