Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2017, 03:06 PM   #1441 (permalink)
defiler of restrooms
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 41,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
The issue with the defense spending is that the money within the budget gets used the wrong way consistently. Instead of using the money to keep certain bases up and get better equipment for our troops. The money usually ends up going out the door to private contractors overseas to do some of the same jobs that our troops could be doing with better equipment.



No one is talking about starving it.
But you see this is my point, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, have no idea what to do about areas like mine, and have no interest in helping us, because you have your **** that you worry about that has nothing to do with me or mine.

And all the **** that you're saying right now is vague nonsense that you say to make yourself feel better about the fact that your worldview in no way helps me and may very well **** me in the ass.

And I can in no way fault you for it. But quit blowing smoke up my ass and just admit that your solutions are not my solutions. There might be some kind of middle ground to be discussed, or there might not, but until you wise up then, at least concerning the issues that concern where I live, we have very little to talk about.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i

Last edited by The Batlord; 01-22-2017 at 03:16 PM.
The Batlord is offline  
Old 01-22-2017, 07:26 PM   #1442 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default

He's not talking about starving the military, DJ; he's saying if the naval base closes down he and a lot of other people face starvation, as in, no job, no money, no food. I can understand what he means; it's the same as any city or town where a big interest pulls out. I know you guys don't know a thing about Ireland, but Leixlip, a large area just outside Dublin (generally) survives because of the big Intel plant there. If they pulled out tomorrow, most of Leixlip would no longer have jobs, because even those who don't work IN Intel rely on it (hotels, shops, transport etc).
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline  
Old 01-22-2017, 10:39 PM   #1443 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
He's not talking about starving the military, DJ; he's saying if the naval base closes down he and a lot of other people face starvation, as in, no job, no money, no food. I can understand what he means; it's the same as any city or town where a big interest pulls out. I know you guys don't know a thing about Ireland, but Leixlip, a large area just outside Dublin (generally) survives because of the big Intel plant there. If they pulled out tomorrow, most of Leixlip would no longer have jobs, because even those who don't work IN Intel rely on it (hotels, shops, transport etc).
I understand what he means also and there is no way in hell that the specific naval base in his area would ever shut down as it's the biggest one on the East Coast. I was stationed at the biggest one on the West Coast. I know exactly what he's talking about and I don't know why he's going on and on like I don't know **** about it when I do because I was in the damn Navy. He's the one that brought up the word starving if you go back and read the posts and no one was talking about that.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline  
Old 01-23-2017, 12:04 AM   #1444 (permalink)
I sleep in your hat
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne, Vic. Aus.
Posts: 1,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Alternative facts?
That is beautiful isn't it? LOL they're not lies they're alternative facts. Genius in its stupidity.
Stephen is offline  
Old 01-23-2017, 05:04 AM   #1445 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
That is beautiful isn't it? LOL they're not lies they're alternative facts. Genius in its stupidity.
Don't forget negative profits...
Spoiler for which are...:
in other words, losses!!
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline  
Old 01-23-2017, 08:12 AM   #1446 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 4,907
Default

Honestly, I think I feel more sympathetic for Trump at this point compared to the media. Especially when they make threats that contradict their job description.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a29e1c444870
__________________
Anteater's Top 30+ Albums Of 2019!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.
Anteater is offline  
Old 01-23-2017, 08:24 AM   #1447 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
riseagainstrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Honestly, I think I feel more sympathetic for Trump at this point compared to the media. Especially when they make threats that contradict their job description.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a29e1c444870
You're correct that Zucker should have never said this. All CNN needs to do is train their cameras on Trump and 6 months from now he'll have dug his own grave. The man is still in campaign mode. It's hard to keep talking about 'American carnage' when you're the man in the big chair. Americans have short attention spans; Obama was blamed for the 2008 financial collapse, even though it was the culmination of 8 years of Bush's policies.

But this is kind of like an anti-police protester spitting on cops, lopping piss-balloons, etc. and then being shocked when it takes longer than usual for them to respond to a 911 call at that guy's house. Unfair, yes. Understandable, also yes.

I quite like this adversarial relationship though. If anything, it will hasten the demise of his political movement. I mean, the man can't help but lie. His inaugural event was under-attended compared to past inaugurations. The Women's March brought in more than double the people but he could not stop himself from both insinuating that they were poor losers and lying about the turnout. Small lies beget big ones. He'll be caught in a doozy he can't walk back from soon enough.
__________________
One note timeless, came out of nowhere...

Last edited by riseagainstrocks; 01-23-2017 at 08:32 AM.
riseagainstrocks is offline  
Old 01-23-2017, 08:26 AM   #1448 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks View Post
All CNN needs to do is train their cameras on Trump and 6 months from now he'll have dug his own grave.
You know how many times this has been said over the past few years? He's the President.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline  
Old 01-23-2017, 08:32 AM   #1449 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
riseagainstrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,319
Default

A quick thought on the protests in general:

I live in Northeast DC and walked down to the Capitol around 1:30 on Saturday to see what could be seen. I was surprised and pleased to find 600,000 of my closest friends in good spirits, holding clever signs (my favorite was along the lines of 'if I make my uterus a corporation will you stop regulating it?'), and feeling the camaraderie of being surrounded by ideological allies. I saw families, groups of 'frat star' bros, beautiful women, crust punk-types, old people, children, and one guy in a wizard robe. It was truly awesome.

Outside of the violence on Friday (committed by anarchist groups, NOT representative of the anti-Trump protesters) the rally was peaceful, massive, and inspiring. I'm looking forward to the next one - might actually make a sign this time instead of just observing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
You know how many times this has been said over the past few years? He's the President.
There is a world of difference from being a candidate and being the president. He has to either a) follow-through on his promises (the wall, banning immigration from Muslim countries) or b) not follow-through. Either he does a, which appeals to 30% of the voting public (well, that's how many voted for him, it remains to be seen how many of those were pure anti-Clinton votes) and damns him even more in the eyes of everyone else or he does b, in which case 70% of the public still thinks he's an ass, but now he's told lies he can't walk away from and the 30% that voted for him feel betrayed. It's a no-win. If you have another path to a victorious Trump presidency I'm (and I'm guess he is) all ears.

Serious question, do you support a border wall and a ban on Muslim's entering the US?
__________________
One note timeless, came out of nowhere...

Last edited by riseagainstrocks; 01-23-2017 at 08:37 AM.
riseagainstrocks is offline  
Old 01-23-2017, 08:58 AM   #1450 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

Communists (not anarchists) and others were destroying things before, during and after the inauguration, and I was glad to see that the Women's Marches didn't result in the same violence. I wasn't expecting them to either. And whilst I have my own differences in opinion with those who attended the Women's March, I find it hard to complain about the events as a whole.

I'm fine with a border wall, though I don't really see how much difference it would make. If people wanna illegally enter the country, they will probably continue to do so in another way.

I disagree with a Muslim ban, although it doesn't look like it was a serious policy. Obviously you can't ban Muslims from entering the country because people can lie. But I don't see any harm in regulating immigration from the more radical Islamic countries.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.