Music Banter - View Single Post - wow
Thread: wow
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 01:33 PM   #47 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill
I agree, age doesn't mean anything and I realize this is a music forum but as long as the person is checking the music forums and making sure its all on topic, music knowledge isn't required at all.

I think thats stupid because just by that its kind of obvious you don't know them, AITA posts alot in rock and metal and general music just as much (maybe more) then in hardcore and emo. Thrice isn't a mod anymore, nor is all nite dinah. Perfection listens to hardcore/emo/punk/metal which are the most active boards and rise listens to a shiz load of stuff and considering the fact they're doing a fine job of modding its ok, i really don't think we need to elect some purely because they listen to *insert obscure non rock related genre here* because its (usually) barely an active forum. Just my two cents though.
it does matter what type of music you listen to because you're more likely to notice things that happen in forums you frequent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixpunk
i suggested AND because of the way the guy thinks, i didnt pull any strings to make him a mod. Ive suggested a few people and point out why i think they should be a mod, doesnt have anything to do with friendships, age, or how long someone has been a member of this forum. I also dont see a problem with PTS becoming a mod. Everyone here seemed to like the kid before, now that hes a mod everyones jumping on his back. Give the kid a chance before you start slinging dirt at him. He may surprise you and be a damn good mod. It seems like everytime new mods are appointed there are those who complain about who was chosen and its usually the same handfull of people everytime. It looks like alot like a case of envy if you ask me (not that anybody would openly admit to it).
if that jab was directed at me, i can assure you that the motive for making this thread wasn't because i wasn't made a mod, it was because two people have been made mods recently that i don't know at all, and as you may or may not have noticed, i'm all over this board and know pretty much everyone.....i mean for god's sake, vanilla made more of an impact on me than that kid, mods are supposed to be people that most people know and/or respect.....most people, not a handful......but that's just my personal opinion......and like i said before, whether you know it or not, modship is not just grunt work given to anybody, there are certain criteria that are usually followed when making someone a mod, and it IS a recognition of that person......i fail to see what perfection did to deserve such a post, especially before the likes of big3, urban or ledzep,what the hell, you can add boo boo , murder junkie or ethan to the list of people i have more respect for than perfection......and i wasn't aware that allnight seiced to be a mod, but the decision to make him one was not thought through in the first place.....

i just thought i'd speak out, i suppose i have odd views on what a mod should be.......maybe he will be a good mod.....although i doubt i'll notice him.....i hardly did in the past 9 months, i don't see why that should change.....

Last.fm