Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 06:57 AM   #3298 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Dan Rather is an icon and knows a thing or two about being politically suppressed.

^ Thanks, that's an interesting clip. He looked a lot younger then, but the way he stayed so professional under pressure is impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I also don't see how people can twist Trump not doing this dinner into him being a fascist.

People are stupid.

Edit: Let me rephrase that, people are desperate.
Your edit makes this a pretty funny post Lucem!
I agree that not attending a dinner is hardly a fascist stance, though it does send a pretty negative message; it's like if you boss won't go to the office party at Christmas. Everybody thinks, "What's this guy's problem?"

My recommendation is don't worry about the dinner, but worry about this description of a nation...
Quote:
...which with all its strength and virtue is in the grip of a group of ruthless men preaching a gospel of intolerance and racial pride unrestrained by law by parliament or by public opinion.
Is that Dan Rather's description of Trump's America? No, it's Churchill's description of Germany during Hitler's rise to power.