Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 05:57 PM   #2827 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
And should it be cast aside if it hurts quality of life for the masses just to fund it?
Like **** I think you understand what science may or may not have to gain from space exploration.

And any money spent, publicly or privately, on anything that can be considered frivolous can potentially hurt quality of life for someone. How much money do you spend on guitars that you could be donating to charity? Could you have bought a less expensive house and still lived comfortably? And yet the money you spend on things you don't necessarily need is spent to make yourself happy, meaning that it isn't a waste cause the only thing worth pursuing in life is fulfillment, whether your own or that of others.

I'm not saying there isn't a limit to money that should be spent on space exploration, or that if quality of life falls to below a certain threshold that we won't need to make a judgement call, but if money can be put into the space program without putting undue hardship on society then by **** let's do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You just want to be able to fight in space battles.
Anybody who doesn't want to go into space and shoot lasers is dead inside.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.