Music Banter - View Single Post - Tumblr, Otherkin, and Political Correctness Overkill
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 02:55 PM   #388 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks View Post
You are correct, it is anecdotal evidence. I'll concede that 'injury' could fit if the definition was stretched a bit. But as a point of comparison, something like a battlefield injury that could be described as 'mutilation' would not be expected to heal to the point where full functionality is maintained. The definition you cite does include 'removing or irreparably damaging parts'. A much more common use of the word would be attached to injuries from landmines, or woodchippers, or chainsaw-wielding Texans.

Regardless, referring to both circumcision and FGM as genital mutilation implies an equivalency with the substantive difference being which gender the practice is performed upon. I think you're being willfully blind to the propaganda value this false equivalency creates. But since you're returning to 'what the word mutilation means to me' I can't argue against a personal belief. Consider the point dropped, on my end at least.
Being blind necessarily does not equate to being ignorant. In the original sense of the word "ignorant", as in lacking in knowledge, awareness or perception. Not the more colloquial sense as being rude, being ignorant of manners.

Blind Willie McTell was blind, and he probably had done more reading of books than you will ever hope to achieve in your lifetime. Helen Keller wrote twelve published books, and she was blind too. How books have you published?

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote