Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 10:34 AM   #3292 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
My point was that this is such a narrow view of the government that it borders on wilful ignorance or exclusion. What about infrasctructure? Human rights? Child labor laws? Social security systems?

But nah you've dealt with the government when they taxed your tech company so you know that that's all they do and therefore they are exclusively monsters and there is no room for improvement ever.
But I know they never will improve, so there you go. Why? Because they will never be efficient and don't really want to be. Too many agendas above our heads that the American people can't compete with. And I did talk (albeit briefly) about how ideals don't match reality in regards to social security systems.

Real change will only occur if you can get money out of politics. That won't happen under a Democratic or Republican administration. You need something resembling the Libertarian ideal to be embraced by the mainstream voter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I don't disagree with that. What I'm asking you to acknowledge is that a significant portion of the population are not actually in a position to do so.

For instance, when Walmart is basically the only option you have, and you have a low income, you shop there for the basic necessities of life, even though it is a terrible company. I never shop there because I am fortunate enough to have other options and the financial capacity to take my business else where.
Agreed: a lot of people have little to work with. You need different companies and industries to set up in an area to have a diversified economy, otherwise you have a lot of what you've described. The government is never going to swoop in and create opportunities for those people, but new companies might.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 03-19-2017 at 10:40 AM.