Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 10:52 AM   #3297 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
See, that wasn't so hard. If Janszoon can do it, anyone can!

At least you have the common sense to recognize that not all corporations are as you describe. Still doesn't provide a strong argument against the problems I've already illustrated about government though. It's like you read two sentences of my post and then went off on a tangent about corporations.
No, it's like I read your "when you grow up you'll get more conservative" comment and provided a counterexample.

Quote:
See, I can decide whether or not I want to buy from a company. I don't get a say in how my taxes are used but the government takes it anyway (state and federal alike). Hence, from my perspective, the government has always been worse than any company and far scarier.
I'm familiar with the libertarian fantasy world, thanks. I used to consider myself somewhat of a libertarian, then I grew up. Maybe someday you'll grow up too.

Quote:
Also, most of your criticisms about the corporate world apply to government, so if your goal was to support my argument then you hit the jackpot.
The comparison was intentional, congratulations on partially understanding something I articulated to you. It doesn't support your argument though, it highlights the fact that corporations have the downsides that governments have without having even the theoretical positive of protecting people.