Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 11:08 AM   #3298 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
No, it's like I read your "when you grow up you'll get more conservative" comments and provided a counterexample.
Sure. When you grow up you realize the government isn't exactly looking out for you. Believing otherwise is a fantasy. I never suggested corporations were an alternative to government (since we are forced to deal with some form of government no matter how you slice it): you made that leap.

Quote:
I'm familiar with the libertarian fantasy world, thanks. I used to consider myself somewhat of a libertarian, then I grew up. Maybe someday you'll grow up too.
So you "grew up" from being skeptical of government to believing that they're the answer to the world's problems because Bush and Obama said nice things on T.V.? Looks like a step down to me.

Quote:
The comparison was intentional, congratulations on partially understanding something I articulated to you. It doesn't support your argument though, it highlights the fact that corporations have the downsides that governments have without having even the theoretical positive of protecting people.
I understood everything you articulated to me: I just thought it was a pointless of you to do so since the only reason you argued against me appears to be "Anteater is wrong for not "believing" in government like I do".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Who's speaking in generalities? You do realize blanket assumptions in the opposite direction are just as moronic as what you describe here, right?
All I did was propose a possible solution only to get dismissed for basically no reason. You can't have this both ways where you acknowledge you guys are being petty and generalizing and then criticize me just because I think there's merit to certain aspects of conservatism.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 03-19-2017 at 11:29 AM.