Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 08:37 PM   #19102 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

You knew this movie was gonna suck, I knew this movie was gonna suck, everyone knew the new Ghost in the Shell was gonna suck. Shock: it did. Hard. Like, omg how was this greenlit? This movie was so warmed over as Ghost in the Shell that it stopped feeling like warmed over Ghost in the Shell and started feeling like a pitiful student film attempt at warming over Blade Runner with adapted video game cutscenes. Obviously the original Ghost in the Shell was heavily influenced by Blade Runner, but here the execution was so lazy and shoddy that the illusory veil was lifted and the original original source material felt cheapened. It's not even worth it to get into all the ways this movie failed (I'll leave that to those better suited anyway), but just know that you should just go watch the original movie, TV show, or just ****ing Blade Runner.

Literally the ONLY worthwhile thing about this movie was...

Spoiler for spoiler:
... the scene where the Major met her mother. This was an actual scene that was acted and involved emotion, unlike everything before and after. For five minutes I was involved in the movie and gave a **** about what was going on, and then it was over and I wished I hadn't come back from the bathroom. But that one scene almost made the whole ordeal worth it, not because it redeemed the movie, but just because it was a scene worth watching all by itself. I almost wish that it had been cut from the movie itself and used for a short film completely unconnected with Ghost in the Shell.

**** this movie though. Totally wish I'd seen Power Rangers.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote