Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 02:17 PM   #5555 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Yes. Yes it does. Until the person wearing the uniform does something that's illegal or dickish they've earned your respect. You go into an encounter with the police assuming the best - not the worst. 99 times out of 100 you'll walk away free and clear if you've done nothing wrong.

And ya, life isn't fair 100% of the time, every time. Just go into a situation with the law assuming it is. Not with a premeditated chip on your shoulder.
I completely disagree. I'm not saying I'll judge somebody right away, but I'm not obligated to respect anybody if i dont feel they deserve it. Of course I wont be a dick either. Respect is a silent trait that you can personally hold someone accountable for. I know you're wanting to play the age card and you'll tell me to respect my elders, but you have to earn it. Uniform doesn't mean anything. I wear a uniform at work but I don't automatically expect everyone to treat me with respect. Especially if I am being a dick to said person.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote