Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 05:27 AM   #3990 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isbjørn View Post

The Democratic Party and the GOP are both right-wing. Labelling Hillary Clinton as "left-wing" makes the term completely meaningless.
So the US has two right-wing parties? I don't get that.
Quote:
Also, FDR didn't win the war, the USA didn't win the war, and the nukes over Japan didn't win the war (Japan would've surrendered anyway). For the sake of nuance: I would have been speaking German right now if it hadn't been for the Red Army. Seventy years ago there were literally hanging posters in Norwegian cities giving the Soviet Union (and Stalin!) credit for having liberated Norway from the Nazis. It sounds ridiculous now, but it was a normal sentiment back then. Today it's different, we're nearly told that the US won the war with help from the Allies. And it almost seems to me like some people are trying to create a cult of personality around Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Bolded: yes they did of course. Japan were preparing for a full-fledged American invasion and readying their people to die for the emperor. Even after the first atom bomb was dropped they refused to surrender; it was only after the second one hit that they agreed. Yeah, really sounds to me like a country preparing to surrender.

Japanese troops rushing out with their hands up as Enola Gay flies overhead: "Don't do it! Don't do it! We surrender! We surre - Ah ****!"

Also, I said FDR won the war in the Pacific, if you remember.
That's not in doubt.