Music Banter - View Single Post - Kendrick Lamar - DAMN - Album Discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 09:35 AM   #201 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock View Post
The only difference is there are like 4 poppy tracks this time around. And I didn't add them to my iPod with the rest of the album. Fear, XXX, and DNA are prime Kendrick listening. Even some of the pop tracks, like Love and Element are bangers. You're just lameeeeeee
ya i respect your opinion dude, even if Element and Love are horrendous. this is nothing like Kendrick at his best though. the tracks aren't poppy in an enjoyable melodic fashion, they're poppy in a "i'll just copy what's cool within hip-hop right now" kind of way. i really like XXX and DNA, but two great tracks don't make for a great album in general.

i think this lacks almost any trace of the same Kendrick who made his last 5 projects. there's nothing interesting in what he's saying, there's nothing special about the production, and it doesn't feel like this is some huge step in hip-hop like all of his other albums were. again, i'm not blaming the guy because everyone puts out a flop at some point, but i'm not gonna stand here and try to act like this album isn't a huge step down from him. if a rapper like drake or j.cole who were all hype and no substance put out a project like this and it got this kind of reception i would say alright, cool, i get it. but for kendrick i don't get it. i thought people liked him for what he was putting out, but seeing the way everyone reacts towards DAMN has me thinking that most people (not calling out anyone on here, just a statement in general) are only behind him because of the hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
qwertyy comin' in with one of the worst arguments known to man.

right because when i came in with an actual argument you just ignored it even after asking for an argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
I'm still waiting for a solid reason why this album is bad because so far I've not heard any. You guys are just stuck over analyzing it and forgetting it's just a hip hop album. And a damn good one. You don't have to hate Kendrick to keep your hipster cred (yes, Danny brown is nothing but hipster trash). You're allowed to like music yknow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
lmao

so what you're saying is if we don't take the album serious and judge it on the scale we judge every other album, then it would be good.

na mate, i'll hold Kendrick to the standard i hold any other hip-hop artist. this is a disappointing album, it lacks most of if not all of the factors that led to everything from O.D to TPAB being phenomenal hip-hop releases.

this is the first Kendrick project that has had genuine skippable tracks that are just outright bad.

it's cool that you like the album, but that doesn't make everyone else wrong. and plugging your ears and saying na na na can't hear you won't make us change our side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote