Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 08:18 AM   #4098 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
this for instance is super bonkers

almost nobody (probably literally nobody) rich enough to qualify for the 40% marginal is going to choose not to own a sizeable estate in the US just because the sheer amount of money you have to be drowning in

US property and stock are investments for future profit there is not multi-millionaires who truly believe "might as well not have"
Reminds me of a conversation I had won a dudebro in college. Verbatim

Broseph: If you lower taxes on the rich, they'll pay more taxes than they do now because they wouldn't try to get out of paying their taxes.
Me: who told you that, a rich guy?
Broseph: how'd you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Wrong again. People who are wealthy at the level you are talking about have their pick of lucrative real estate development opportunities all over the planet. They might buy a property here, but they'll set up their estate elsewhere if it saves them millions to do so. If you don't even see something that simple then you might want to go actually spend some time studying what the uber-wealthy actually do. Trust me, the U.S. isn't do or die for any of them.
I'd be fine with them moving, more room for me. Do we need to build a wall to keep the wealthy in?