Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 10:30 AM   #4232 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
My point is that at one point in time they were contributing to society enough so that they are able to qualify for said benefits.

I am not like your parents at all. I know those type of people that want to dedicate where tax money is spent and whom it goes to which sounds exactly like what you are saying. You are trying to say who does and doesn't deserve your tax dollars.

I feel like you are under the assumption that people can just forever live off Welfare without doing anything. Case workers are quick to cut people off for the slightest things. Not actively looking for work or attending the work sites that they get sent to. Not filling out certain paperwork in time. Social workers feel like they are the gate keepers to people's lives and the minute they don't feel like the person deserves it or they are committing fraud they get cut off. They have your same mentality. There isn't anything wrong with that because those benefits are meant to be temporary.
and my point is they were benefiting from the taxes they paid they're entire life, from infrastructure to education. I'm not saying take away their social security or options to apply for aid. I'm saying it's not the responsibility of the government to help every single person under every circumstance, but Chula/elph seem to think it is.

I'm not assuming anything about welfare, it was just an example. The bolded seems contradictory, youre arguing against my mentality and then saying there isn't anything wrong with it. Which is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump