Music Banter - View Single Post - Dream Theater Vs Pink Floyd
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 05:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Don
Account Disabled

Quote:
Progressive Rock IS Experiemental Rock, dumbass.
Incorrect. Do some research please, because I ain't explaining it. They are completely different styles.

Quote:
What Critics?...Your elitist buddys?
Yes, okay then.

Quote:
But i have heard a good deal of progressive metal
Mate, music is my living, so unless it's yours, I doubt you've heard more prog metal than me

Quote:
and theres certainly more original bands out there
I never said there wasn't.

Quote:
If Tool are so unoriginal, you should at least name me one band who sounded like Tool before Tool.
Only one? Okay: Katatonia.

Quote:
And their instrumentals are often taken from the books of Rush and ELP, if you ever listened to these bands, you would realise that DT are merely copying their style, and they are incapable of improving upon the old styles they so love to beat to death
Yes, I already said DT cite their influences, what's wrong with that? And "YTSE Jam" is the only instrumental taken from Rush or ELP. It was meant to be a tribute to Rush's "YYZ."

Quote:
Among Mars Voltas biggest influences are Yes, Pink Floyd, Rush and King Crimson...How in the hell are they not prog?...
I'm sorry, but they aren't prog, no matter what you think or believe.

Quote:
Also V is probably Symphony X's worst album, way to go on that one.
I didn't realise you were so egotistical. Actually, the majority of Symphony X fans (from what I've gathered so far) feel that V is their greatest album.

Quote:
I dont mean to boast, but i know more about progressive rock than you, WHY?...Because im Dr. Prog dammit.
I really doubt that...Judging by the whole experimental rock = prog rock thing.