Music Banter - View Single Post - Dream Theater Vs Pink Floyd
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 06:03 AM   #28 (permalink)
Don
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Well gee, you know musicians, that must make you special.

I know musicians too, who would back me on this arguement, its about the people you know.

You are going by the opinions of others, im going by my own, and because im very positive that i have heard more progressive rock bands than you ever will, it gives my opinions at least some validation.
You don't have to make this personal. So is music your profession? Do you get paid for writing endless articles about endless amounts of bands? Because I do, so maybe my "opinion" has some validity as well. But there is no opinion as far as I'm concerned, because Mars Volta aren't considered to be prog, it's just fact. If you think they are then okay, but it doesn't change this fact. What dampens the validity of your opinions is the amount of spelling and grammatical errors you make.
I just estimated the amount of prog rock I have on my computer and it's about 40 gbs. And that's only the prog bands I enjoy, so it doesn't include the **** load of cds I have.

Quote:
You are not even trying to back up your opinions with valid reasoning
Yes, I know. That's because it's just something I believe to be fact. And I guess I don't need to explain something that I believe to be fact. I believe you're wrong, so I don't care for explaining why this is the case. Had it been something more subjective in nature, I would be happy to properly argue with you, believe me.

Quote:
Im a musician, how about you?
Yes. My instruments are Piano, Trumpet, Saxophone, Guitar, Drums. All up about 15 years. Actually I've been playing the piano for 21 years.