Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 10:56 AM   #4375 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Good leadership, fairness, courage, statesmanship, intelligence, compassion, understanding of his job and that of others, understanding of the world around him ... Nope: don't see entertainment there. Kind of like saying what you want from a band is that they like kittens. It helps if they know how to play their instruments first, and it's a hell of a lot more important. A president can be entertaining, to a degree, but this ain't a popularity contest nor a reality show: this is the big one, reality. Real life. And it's ****ing serious.
Did Obama demonstrate any of these qualities when millions of Americans lost their livelihoods in the aftermath of the Recession yet he chose not to go after Wall-Street despite having the power to do? Or hold anyone to anything resembling accountability? Trump is gonna have to work pretty hard to top that one.

At the end of the day, Trump is just an example of Peter's Principle at work. Means well maybe, but way over head and not detail oriented enough to make anyone happy. Even his fellow rich will hate him in the long run since he's also talking about breaking up the big banks.

At the same time, he's not devoid of the qualities you've mentioned: he's just dug himself into such a deep hole that there's no way for him to come out of this in a positive light. Kind of like how people felt about Bush after the Iraq War.

See, I never had any amazing expectations for Trump to begin with (seeing as I didn't vote for him). Hard to be disappointed in somebody when everything about him is a big ? mark even to people in his own tax bracket. I would have been thrilled if he could have improved the ACA, but I knew it was a longshot.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.