Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Music Hall
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 08:06 PM   #304 (permalink)
Key

Whenever you think of Kanye West, you think "man this guys nuts". But he's so much more than that. He's a poet. He's an artist. He's a great hip hop artist specifically. I wasn't even really into him that much maybe a year ago? But for some reason, I always felt like I had to listen to his stuff. Of course, this came along with my still somewhat recent discovery of love for hip hop. I listen to hip hop almost religiously now, and I'm perfectly okay with it. There's so much pure lyricism and poetic-ness in hip hop today that it's almost like listening to angels sing. Same goes for Kanye West. Yeah, the man is crazy, sure. And he is obnoxious and out of his mind probably. But god damn does this man have a soul.

I've definitely enjoyed his live performances a lot lately, because his stage presence alone is just incredible. You think you're looking at this normal human being, but deep down you're listening to an artist truly speak his mind.

I know he gets a lot of ****, but never doubt his ability to make a solid hip hop album. He has several greats.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote