Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #69 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ That is an association that didn't occur to me, and I suggest that we all supress it immediately, please !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
No need to worry about running out of ice for the drinks then, guys!
^ It's reassuring to know that as the waves stealthily lap over our farmland and our homes, there'll be people like you to cheer us up, to help us look on the bright side.
__________________________________________________ _____________

You, rostasi and dj were kind enough to respond about carrier-bag usage, so I'd like to tell you about Mexico:-

There's pretty much zero awareness here about the problem they cause and because shops are so competitive, they wouldn't dream of going it alone with a policy that would inconvenience their customers. In addition, at every supermarket checkout there is a "bag boy" who hopes to get a couple of pesos for putting your things in bags - and they really don't spare the plastic! I buy sliced bread in a plastic bag, and that is immediately put in a second bag, because obviously I need a plastic bag with handles, and so it goes on, with meat, veg, cleaning products all given a bag of their own...

A few years back I started taking my own shopping bag, resigned to playing the part of a cranky foreigner who doesn't follow the rules. I still do it, still face the perplexed dismay of the bag boys and I have also come to terms with the "drop in the ocean" argument: even though our individual actions are just insignificant drops in the ocean, I try to be green if it's not too inconvenient; it makes me feel better about myself and may sometimes set an example that another person picks up on. Also, what else can we do?

So, in this thread, "Sing if you're proud to be green!"

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 05-10-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote