Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2017, 08:28 AM   #61 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Joe Meek's Ghost
Posts: 14,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
ftfy !
Right but we were talking about a US march

Actually a few European countries have already added clean air and water as a right in their constitutions, pretty cool
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:24 AM   #62 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Item 1:

^ Yeah, this is such a sinister move that it deserves more publicity than it is currently getting. It's hard to believe that important climate-change data previously available to both scientists and the public is disappearing from the EPA website.

When Trump appointed Pruitt as the EPA administrator it was tantamount to putting the fox in charge of the hen-house, the wolf in charge of the sheep.

]
Trump's entire cabin picks are so ill fitted or inexperienced foe their roles that they seem to be appointed to destroy the departments they were appointed to. Then he can turn around and say how inefficient government is and that's why we need to limit its role.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:44 AM   #63 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 34,915
Default

__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:43 AM   #64 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Joe Meek's Ghost
Posts: 14,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Trump's entire cabin picks are so ill fitted or inexperienced foe their roles that they seem to be appointed to destroy the departments they were appointed to. Then he can turn around and say how inefficient government is and that's why we need to limit its role.
Yeah this is a super classic Republican move
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:38 PM   #65 (permalink)
...here to hear...
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 3,869
Default

That image of Saint Mattis with his "mad dog" halo is so creepy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Trump's entire cabin picks are so ill fitted or inexperienced foe their roles that they seem to be appointed to destroy the departments they were appointed to. Then he can turn around and say how inefficient government is and that's why we need to limit its role.
^ If this is true, and elphenor obviously agrees, it's pretty alarming. Are you sure you're not both sharing the same paranoid delusion? I'd prefer it that way because this thread is going to be depressing enough as it is.

This, for instance, is today's depressing read:-

Second crack splits off in Antarctic Larsen C ice shelf | Newshub

Does "TLTC" exist? If you are Too Lazy To Click, here are some quotes from the article:-

Quote:
A rift has been slowly growing through the Larsen C ice shelf in recent years, speeding up since late 2015.
When it reaches the edge of the shelf, which is off the continent's northernmost point it's likely to fracture off a massive iceberg around 5000 square kilometres.
The break-off of such a large iceberg could destabilise the ice shelf and potentially lead to its eventual destruction.
5 000 sq. km is about ten times the size of New Orleans; if it breaks in one piece it will be the biggest iceberg ever seen.
__________________
"Am I enjoying this moment? I know of it and perhaps that is enough." - Sybille Bedford, 1953
Lisnaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:46 PM   #66 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 23,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
5 000 sq. km is about ten times the size of New Orleans; if it breaks in one piece it will be the biggest iceberg ever seen.
No need to worry about running out of ice for the drinks then, guys!
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:48 PM   #67 (permalink)
Remember the underscore
 
Pet_Sounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The other side
Posts: 2,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I initially read his slogan/crest/what-have-you as "dogma," then "goddam."
__________________
Everybody's dying just to get the disease
Pet_Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:04 PM   #68 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 23,880
Default

I have to be honest though, the idea of a masterthread makes me feel the ghost of himself is hovering over MB, and I don't just mean in the soul of Batty...

__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #69 (permalink)
...here to hear...
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 3,869
Default

^ That is an association that didn't occur to me, and I suggest that we all supress it immediately, please !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
No need to worry about running out of ice for the drinks then, guys!
^ It's reassuring to know that as the waves stealthily lap over our farmland and our homes, there'll be people like you to cheer us up, to help us look on the bright side.
__________________________________________________ _____________

You, rostasi and dj were kind enough to respond about carrier-bag usage, so I'd like to tell you about Mexico:-

There's pretty much zero awareness here about the problem they cause and because shops are so competitive, they wouldn't dream of going it alone with a policy that would inconvenience their customers. In addition, at every supermarket checkout there is a "bag boy" who hopes to get a couple of pesos for putting your things in bags - and they really don't spare the plastic! I buy sliced bread in a plastic bag, and that is immediately put in a second bag, because obviously I need a plastic bag with handles, and so it goes on, with meat, veg, cleaning products all given a bag of their own...

A few years back I started taking my own shopping bag, resigned to playing the part of a cranky foreigner who doesn't follow the rules. I still do it, still face the perplexed dismay of the bag boys and I have also come to terms with the "drop in the ocean" argument: even though our individual actions are just insignificant drops in the ocean, I try to be green if it's not too inconvenient; it makes me feel better about myself and may sometimes set an example that another person picks up on. Also, what else can we do?

So, in this thread, "Sing if you're proud to be green!"
__________________
"Am I enjoying this moment? I know of it and perhaps that is enough." - Sybille Bedford, 1953

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 05-10-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Lisnaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:31 PM   #70 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 23,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ That is an association that didn't occur to me, and I suggest that we all supress it immediately, please !
The idea has been planted, let it now take root and bear ugly fruit.
Where is Batty anyway?
Quote:
^ It's reassuring to know that as the waves stealthily lap over our farmland and our homes, there'll be people like you to cheer us up, to help us look on the bright side.
__________________________________________________ _____________
From the very highest vantage point, of course!
Quote:
You, rostasi and dj were kind enough to respond about carrier-bag usage, so I'd like to tell you about Mexico:-

There's pretty much zero awareness here about the problem they cause and because shops are so competitive, they wouldn't dream of going it alone with a policy that would inconvenience their customers. In addition, at every supermarket checkout there is a "bag boy" who hopes to get a couple of pesos for putting your things in bags - and they really don't spare the plastic! I buy sliced bread in a plastic bag, and that is immediately put in a second bag, because obviously I need a plastic bag with handles, and so it goes on, with meat, veg, cleaning products all given a bag of their own...

A few years back I started taking my own shopping bag, resigned to playing the part of a cranky foreigner who doesn't follow the rules. I still do it, still face the perplexed dismay of the bag boys and I have also come to terms with the "drop in the ocean" argument: even though our individual actions are just insignificant drops in the ocean, I try to be green if it's not too inconvenient; it makes me feel better about myself and may sometimes set an example that another person picks up on. Also, what else can we do?

So, in this thread, "Sing if you're proud to be green!"
You live in Mexico????
Still, it must be fun perplexing the bag boys as you say. "You wan' uno bags or dos, seno - oh caramba!"
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.