Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #5473 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
You do something that may result in you getting arrested... You're probably gonna get arrested bro.
^ That may be true, Goofle, and there is an argument for saying that if you stay out of trouble you won't become an incarceration statistic. But their incarceration rate is five and a half times ours. Even if we allow that there may be different conviction rates, and different sentence lengths in the two countries, there is a clear implication that there is a higher proportion of crime in the USA. That means more victims of crime and more burden on the taxpayer.

There is of course a link between life expectancy and obesity, but obesity is only one factor in life expectancy. Other factors are environmental and don't depend on personal choice; levels of pollution and violence, safety regulations, availability of affordable health care, etc, etc. (The latter, of course, Trump is commited to eroding if he can, which would cause the USA to slide even furthur down the world statistics tables.)

Here, btw, is another statistic I dug up:-

Quote:
Average class size in public(=state run) secondary schools:-
USA :27
UK : 19