Music Banter - View Single Post - Overrated
Thread: Overrated
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 10:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
jazzfromhell
SHAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Name me one band who sounded just like Zeppelin before Zeppelin.

Wow, i thought you said you wasnt this ignorant, i was wrong, ha...Bland?...There are many bland bands, Zeppelin aint one of them, like them or not, they were THE band of the 70s, period, they influenced countless bands, including bands you yourself like...Recycled?...All music pretty much is recyling, you cant name me one band who didnt take ideas from others and reused them, oh Zeppelin took some ideas from blues musicians so that makes them bad, your knowledge of music is lacking, for one thing, most blues musicians use the same licks all the time, many blues players have used the same licks, because 12 barre blues is very limited in how many licks you can play, plus blues players do homages...So if Zeppelin do a lick that sounds like Howlin Wolf, it must mean they ripped off Howlin Wolf and aint nothing but bland, reycled crap.

Give me a break, stop trying to be cool.
Saying Led Zeppelin took some ideas off of blue artists is like saying Green Day took some ideas off of seventies/early eighties punk bands. Seriously, on the technical side, there was very, very little originality in Led Zeppelin, except for John Bonham. However, they had a totally distinct style, which is what makes them a great band and not a bunch of lame blues ripper-offers. I would definitely not say they are overrated, although they are severely discredited with certain ideas, by most people.
jazzfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote