Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2006, 07:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

Just because they influenced bands that we like, doesnt mean we have to like them. Do you go home and listen to the Gregorian Chant? Do you like the Gregorian Chant? YOU DON'T!!!!!! OMG YOU ARE AN IDIOT! THE GREGORIAN CHANT INSPIRED ALL MUSIC! Therefore you must be an idiot because you don't like it. You have bad taste. Your musical Knowledge is lacking. You are a NOOb, you suck balls, and you are a ****ing idiot (sound familiar?)
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
You sure? I own Led Zep I, Led Zep II, Led Zep III, How The West Was Won, and best of the early days. I have heard plenty of Led Zeppeling, and they suck. And you are right, Blues musicians do recycle riffs. And it gets old. Zeppelin recycles riffs, and they don't even do it well. They suck. Seeing as how I don't agree with you, I must be an idiot. Oh well, you tell me that I have bad taste, and then you go and put on an Emerson Lake and Palmer album.....

I own all those as well as IV, Pysical Grafitti and Houses Of The Holy.


And shut yo f*cking mouth about ELP, we all know you are jealous of Emersons camel toe.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
They were one of the first c0ck rock bands, and they were one of the essential building blocks of heavy metal...Plus they influenced tons of bands, including your favorite bands, AC/DC, Janes Addiction, etc.
I`m not denying their influence, They`re just not that high up on my list of great bands thats all.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
Just because they influenced bands that we like, doesnt mean we have to like them. Do you go home and listen to the Gregorian Chant? Do you like the Gregorian Chant? YOU DON'T!!!!!! OMG YOU ARE AN IDIOT! THE GREGORIAN CHANT INSPIRED ALL MUSIC! Therefore you must be an idiot because you don't like it. You have bad taste. Your musical Knowledge is lacking. You are a NOOb, you suck balls, and you are a ****ing idiot (sound familiar?)
I didnt you say had to like them, but you should respect them, calling them a bland ****ty band is nothing but sacrilage, if you ask me.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

Good thing I am not religious
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
I`m not denying their influence, They`re just not that high up on my list of great bands thats all.
I gots ya.


I must admit, i dont like the stones all that much like you do, but i respect their importance and influence.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
SHAKE!
 
jazzfromhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: On the A train.
Posts: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
Just because they influenced bands that we like, doesnt mean we have to like them. Do you go home and listen to the Gregorian Chant? Do you like the Gregorian Chant? YOU DON'T!!!!!! OMG YOU ARE AN IDIOT! THE GREGORIAN CHANT INSPIRED ALL MUSIC! Therefore you must be an idiot because you don't like it. You have bad taste. Your musical Knowledge is lacking. You are a NOOb, you suck balls, and you are a ****ing idiot (sound familiar?)


Just to clarify, I realize this is heavily sarcastic, but the Grevorian Chants didn't influence jack ****. Maybe some stuff in opera, or classical (maybe), which maybe gives it some remote ties to prog, but otherwise, no modern rock/pop/jazz/rap/whatever, etc. music has anything to do with Gregorian Chants.
jazzfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
SHAKE!
 
jazzfromhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: On the A train.
Posts: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Name me one band who sounded just like Zeppelin before Zeppelin.

Wow, i thought you said you wasnt this ignorant, i was wrong, ha...Bland?...There are many bland bands, Zeppelin aint one of them, like them or not, they were THE band of the 70s, period, they influenced countless bands, including bands you yourself like...Recycled?...All music pretty much is recyling, you cant name me one band who didnt take ideas from others and reused them, oh Zeppelin took some ideas from blues musicians so that makes them bad, your knowledge of music is lacking, for one thing, most blues musicians use the same licks all the time, many blues players have used the same licks, because 12 barre blues is very limited in how many licks you can play, plus blues players do homages...So if Zeppelin do a lick that sounds like Howlin Wolf, it must mean they ripped off Howlin Wolf and aint nothing but bland, reycled crap.

Give me a break, stop trying to be cool.
Saying Led Zeppelin took some ideas off of blue artists is like saying Green Day took some ideas off of seventies/early eighties punk bands. Seriously, on the technical side, there was very, very little originality in Led Zeppelin, except for John Bonham. However, they had a totally distinct style, which is what makes them a great band and not a bunch of lame blues ripper-offers. I would definitely not say they are overrated, although they are severely discredited with certain ideas, by most people.
jazzfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:28 PM   #29 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzfromhell
Just to clarify, I realize this is heavily sarcastic, but the Grevorian Chants didn't influence jack ****. Maybe some stuff in opera, or classical (maybe), which maybe gives it some remote ties to prog, but otherwise, no modern rock/pop/jazz/rap/whatever, etc. music has anything to do with Gregorian Chants.
Well, there are prog bands that have some Gregorian influence on their vocal harmonys.

King Crimson and Yes in paticular.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
SHAKE!
 
jazzfromhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: On the A train.
Posts: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
I gots ya.


I must admit, i dont like the stones all that much like you do, but i respect their importance and influence.


Speaking of the Stones, that half-time show....
jazzfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.