Music Banter - View Single Post - When did the concept of death really, truly, sink in?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 09:43 AM   #191 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isbjørn View Post
How the **** do people deal with the crushing anxiety imposed by the inevitability of death? This **** gives me panic attacks, and sometimes I wonder why I even bother living at all when it will all be over one day. Of course I wouldn't end it, since you can't have sex, party, eat chocolate and go hiking when you're dead, but those things sometimes lose their fun when I know I'll be dead one day, nomsayin'?
How do you know? Maybe you can. Maybe, like, after death you go to this wonderful place where you can eat chocolate but never puke or put on weight, party and **** all you like with no consequences and hike without getting tired. Hell, I want to die now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
It makes it easier when you accept there is nothing you can do about it and that it happens to us all. And also death means no more worrying, everything I worry about will be gone

There is no reason for me to think that I will know about it when I can't remember before I was born so I reckon it will be like that.

The thing that I find most frightening is being terminally ill. Or being beheaded by ISIS or a drug cartel in Mexico. Them last few seconds before the knife starts slicing <<<<<<<<
Nah, you just want to meet Prince.
Seriously though, bolded: yes. A hundred times yes. Let me die in my sleep or get hit by a number 42C rather than a slow, painful, horrible death like that. If you believe you'll die easily and peacefully I think it's easier to accept. If you're in a burning building, for instance, chances are you'll die, but you'll likely die in horrible pain and terror. This is the difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Eh. Like MLM said, there was a time before you were born, and in that time were you sad or in pain? Death is simply going back to that time, from wence the cosmos' womb you left, and your mother's womb entered. You treat death like it's a stranger, some intruder that wants to steal everything that you have. But you've met it before, and fared none the worse for the meeting. It's the soil from which you grew. Meet it again as a friend, not an enemy. You owe it that much.
If that's original, then Very poetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Oh please, you're not interesting enough to get killed by somebody. If that mindset is what you have to tell yourself to make your impending death by autoerotic asphyxiation seem like anything other than the last gasps of a man who was too afraid of death to live, then so be it.
Plus they'd either have to get him out of bed or murder him in bed, or hope to be able to get him in the one hour he rises out of that pit.