Music Banter - View Single Post - Overrated
Thread: Overrated
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 07:33 AM   #45 (permalink)
LukeM_UK
Music Addict

Okay, we're going have a problem here. Let's set the record straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
I take it that by nearly all their songs, you mean maybe 6 or 7 songs
No, all their 'better' songs. And they're not very good.

Quote:
A embarrassment?...Gee, influencing a whole ****load of great bands, what a embarassment indeed.
Well, I think they're embarrassing. I even get embarrassed myself listening to songs such as 'Love me do' and 'A hard days night'. And please don't mention their videos, for goodness sake.

Quote:
changing the face of rock music as we know it
I don't think so.
You mean to say that 'The Beatles' INFLUENCED rock bands such as Poison, Krokus, Saxon, Survivor, and others I can mention?? You're crazy.....

Quote:
Do you like Dream Theater by any chance?
Who the hell are they?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzfromhell
and changing the face of rock music as we know it
Did I say that??? -

No, I bloody well didn't!!!

That's it - let's put words into someone elses mouth.....

I never said that people who've died have no importance whatsoever - of course they do. I merely mentioned the fact that many of the people who liked 'The Beatles' back then, are dead now. But I can't help noticing that loads of people who like The Beatles now, are younger than the songs themselves. I can understand that people like different types of music, but not music which represents an over-the-top (and quite daft) approach to fairly modern music. Thank goodness most bands have calmed down these days.

And please get your facts right before you make sarcastic comments which accuse me of saying that dead people 'have no importance to society whatsoever', when I clearly didn't.

(Edited to save double posting)
LukeM_UK is offline   Reply With Quote