Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2006, 03:11 AM   #41 (permalink)
Bright F*cking Red
 
PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,222
Default

he'll come back. hopefully not to be banned permanently.
__________________
How'd I end up here to begin with? I don't know.
Why do I start what I can't finish?
Oh please, don't barrage me with questions to all those ugly answers.
My ego's like my stomach- it keeps shitting what I feed it.
But maybe I don't want to finish anything anymore..
maybe I can wait in bed 'til she comes home. and whispers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Star
Remember kids: It's only real metal if the vocalist sounds like he's vomiting up a fetus. \m/
PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:00 AM   #42 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 191
Default Over-rated?

The Beatles are far too over-rated. I have heard nearly all the songs they've ever done, and frankly, they don't impress. I think 'Beatlemania' (which for some weird reason still appears to be going on today), is an over-rated 40 year old piece of the past, and should die a quick death. I see their music as an insult to stereo manufacturers. Most of the members of the band are dead, loads of the people who liked them in the 60's are also dead, and still people worship this out of date, immature, over-the-top, embarrassment of a 'band'. Let it die, please....
LukeM_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:04 AM   #43 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeM_UK
The Beatles are far too over-rated. I have heard nearly all the songs they've ever done, and frankly, they don't impress. I think 'Beatlemania' (which for some weird reason still appears to be going on today), is an over-rated 40 year old piece of the past, and should die a quick death. I see their music as an insult to stereo manufacturers. Most of the members of the band are dead, loads of the people who liked them in the 60's are also dead, and still people worship this out of date, immature, over-the-top, embarrassment of a 'band'. Let it die, please....
I take it that by nearly all their songs, you mean maybe 6 or 7 songs, or all the songs you have on a greatest hits compilation.

A embarrassment?...Gee, influencing a whole ****load of great bands and changing the face of rock music as we know it, what a embarassment indeed.

Do you like Dream Theater by any chance?
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:02 PM   #44 (permalink)
SHAKE!
 
jazzfromhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: On the A train.
Posts: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeM_UK
The Beatles are far too over-rated. I have heard nearly all the songs they've ever done, and frankly, they don't impress. I think 'Beatlemania' (which for some weird reason still appears to be going on today), is an over-rated 40 year old piece of the past, and should die a quick death. I see their music as an insult to stereo manufacturers. Most of the members of the band are dead, loads of the people who liked them in the 60's are also dead, and still people worship this out of date, immature, over-the-top, embarrassment of a 'band'. Let it die, please....

Thank God you spelled this out for me, I've always tried convincing people that dead people have no importance to society whatsoever.
jazzfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:33 AM   #45 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 191
Default

Okay, we're going have a problem here. Let's set the record straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
I take it that by nearly all their songs, you mean maybe 6 or 7 songs
No, all their 'better' songs. And they're not very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
A embarrassment?...Gee, influencing a whole ****load of great bands, what a embarassment indeed.
Well, I think they're embarrassing. I even get embarrassed myself listening to songs such as 'Love me do' and 'A hard days night'. And please don't mention their videos, for goodness sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
changing the face of rock music as we know it
I don't think so.
You mean to say that 'The Beatles' INFLUENCED rock bands such as Poison, Krokus, Saxon, Survivor, and others I can mention?? You're crazy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Do you like Dream Theater by any chance?
Who the hell are they?!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzfromhell
and changing the face of rock music as we know it
Did I say that??? -

No, I bloody well didn't!!!

That's it - let's put words into someone elses mouth.....

I never said that people who've died have no importance whatsoever - of course they do. I merely mentioned the fact that many of the people who liked 'The Beatles' back then, are dead now. But I can't help noticing that loads of people who like The Beatles now, are younger than the songs themselves. I can understand that people like different types of music, but not music which represents an over-the-top (and quite daft) approach to fairly modern music. Thank goodness most bands have calmed down these days.

And please get your facts right before you make sarcastic comments which accuse me of saying that dead people 'have no importance to society whatsoever', when I clearly didn't.


(Edited to save double posting)
LukeM_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:55 PM   #46 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Survivor?...Are you kidding me?...Radiohead, The Ramones, Pink Floyd, Elvis Costello, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, The Who, Nirvana, REM, U2, Cream, Yes, King Crimson, Jimi Hendrix, Neil Young, The Smiths, Sonic Youth, Velvet Underground, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Michael Jackson, Genesis, Patti Smith, My Bloody Valentine, Pavement, Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, Nine Inch Nails, The Cure, Joy Division, Bjork, Guns N Roses, Queen, Todd Rundgren, Portishead, The Eagles and just a few thousand others...No impact alright.

And Love Me Do?...What kind of example is that?...Thats like judging David Bowies career on China Girl.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:06 AM   #47 (permalink)
dog
this bird has flown
 
dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: paris,texas
Posts: 860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeM_UK
I never said that people who've died have no importance whatsoever - of course they do. I merely mentioned the fact that many of the people who liked 'The Beatles' back then, are dead now. But I can't help noticing that loads of people who like The Beatles now, are younger than the songs themselves.
what wrong with people liking old music?, and the majority of people who liked the beatles "back then" would be in their late 40s./early mid 50s. and even if they were dead, why should that effect how good the music is? If people today, still love the beatles, even 40 years later, that shows that the music they produced was way ahead of it's time,which totally shows how much of a great band they were. you're an idiot, and you ARE saying that if someones dead they have no importance.
__________________
formerly ledzeppelinrulz.

http://theraffinkids.bandcamp.com/

music^
dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:41 AM   #48 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelinrulz
what wrong with people liking old music?
Nothing, as long as it's good music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelinrulz
the majority of people who liked the beatles "back then" would be in their late 40s./early mid 50s. and even if they were dead, why should that effect how good the music is?
It doesn't, but it shows how silly young people are today, for rating 40-odd year old bands (that weren't that good in the first place) above modern bands.... - they're STUCK in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelinrulz
If people today, still love the beatles, even 40 years later, that shows that the music they produced was way ahead of it's time,which totally shows how much of a great band they were.
Wrong!! The Beatles, apart from making some classic tracks, also made some sh*t ones. Let's not forget that. Most of their tracks were frankly 'over-the-top', and a bit too nice. Let's face it - 'The Beatles', as a group of people, were a bunch of weirdo's!!! To me, they're very UN-likeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelinrulz
you're an idiot, and you ARE saying that if someones dead they have no importance.
No I'm NOT saying that people who're dead have no importance. What about the royals of the past? They're important, and what about the engineers, such as Isambard Kingdom Brunel? His bridge is still used today, 147 years after his death. And what about the surgeons of the past, testing out new ways to operate on people? They all matter.

Oh come on, let's not fight! Why do people like you take it upon themselves to get personal with someone and start calling them names?? It just makes you look like an idiot. Well, you must be a bit of a duffer, because you're taking this all too seriously!!
LukeM_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:07 AM   #49 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,824
Default

i believe that TOOL is vastly overrated. its nothing more than emo w/ a little more percussion.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:06 AM   #50 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
dojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 108
Default

Rolling stones, beatles, Coldplay, Madonna, Britney ...
__________________
The Blog
dojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.