Music Banter - View Single Post - piracy, yay or nay?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 03:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks
if you spent a year painting a beautiful painting and then had someone take it without paying you how would you feel?

if you spent several months writing some of the best songs you've ever made, songs that you poured your heart and soul into, would you want someone to take those too?

intellectual property is very much property. And besides, it's not just and idea you're stealing, it's a tangible object of worth.
about the painting, i would be pissed off because it's unique ( man, that example was built to be ripped apart ), albums, software, films, games that are on the market are not unique, they're reproductions and there's thousands of them....to use an analogy, i wouldn't be pissed off if someone stole a poster of one of my paintings

if i was a musician, and most of the musicians i listen to are fuckin loaded, i would just want to share my music with other people and would be content with the money i already made instead of worrying about getting even more rich, money isn't everything...

the tangible object is worth about 50 cents in material and about a buck more for the production and recording of data.....they're selling it for oh, i don't know, 100 times the actual worth?

i don't see record companies, software companies or musicians for that matter that are poor, if they make a good product, they'll make enough money from the people that have enough money to pay for their overpriced products.....and hey, if i was a billionaire, i would definetly buy everything in the original....but since i'm not.....

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote