Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 11:53 AM   #151 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Still deeply offended towards the attitudes that the ex-military and elderly shouldn't be assisted.

Firemen and policemen have it pretty good once they retire. (my nephew, and brother in law are firemen and one of my best friends is a cop). The pension plans for those jobs in most cases are pretty damn sweet compared to the VAST majority of most folks. And you can retire a lot earlier and still get full benefits.

Never, ever once attended a lecture. Maybe that's why my input is so obtuse?
Nobody's talking about pensions. They're talking about senior citizen drinks at Burger King, which is kind of pointless and doesn't particularly help anyone. I'm all for Medicaid and Social Security and more services for ex-military, but a discount for a movie is basically just a supposed reward from a company that doesn't even care.

A reward should be for someone worth rewarding, and while plenty of the elderly and the military are perfectly non-****ty people as far as people go, you never know which one's a sex offender, murderer, neo-Nazi, or dog fighter. The government owes the military for being their service, and the elderly for paying so much into the system, but a discount from a business should go to people who aren't scum.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote