Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 06:46 PM   #240 (permalink)
patrice oneal
Account Disabled

btw

out of the the 3, ant seems like he doesnt belong on the list. he basically gets **** for being the only person defending trump in a thread that is otherwise just a liberal anti-trump circle jerk. does he go tit for tat with his opponents when they get childish? sure, he's only human. but ffs do you really just want an echo chamber where NOBODY questions the prevailing pov?

chula- old, stubborn, stuck in his ways. i give him a sort of a pass for being old and that's just how the elderly are, they don't want to be preached to they just want to be listened to. we'll all probably end up there, someday.

elf - you have potential my friend as you are clearly well versed in what positions you take on any given issue. but as others have indicated, just stating your position again and again is an empty gesture. you say that debating the untouchables only elevates their position... you are too concerned with the war of ideas and not concerned enough with the ideas themselves. i spent a long time online debating creationists when i was younger. you know what happened as a result? did i ever convert a single creationist? no. but i gained a much more thorough understanding of evolution, religion, etc. it was only by taking them serious, checking their claims, and critically analyzing my own position that i ever made any intellectual progress. so if you take the lazy way out and say "nah not worth addressing" and just keep reiterating your position, you will only limit yourself and basically become the archetype of what is known as a "coffee shop intellectual."
patrice oneal is offline   Reply With Quote