Music Banter - View Single Post - Wolf Parade
Thread: Wolf Parade
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
fine, if you're gonna force me to rationalise every goddamn statement i make, i just have a feeling that you judge bands based on their popularity, if an indie band is really good and therefore becomes a bit more popular than your average indie crap, i feel like you'll like them less because they're no longer obscure, and listening to obscure unnknown artists gets you off....that's all.....and i suppose i have a problem with people who don't listen to a single mainstream band, it seems a bit off that from all the good , more popular bands none of them suite your music taste....i don't give that much shit to other people because they do like other mainstream bands....you seem to be the only one talking shit about every goddamn mainstream indie band....
Blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Jesus, just because I dislike a "mainstream" indie band I'm suddenly an elitist? Yeah, even though I disliked them from when all the indie blogs started raving about them I must dislike them because they're popular.

All I've ever seen you do on here is insult some of the best indie bands (not to mention indie itself, because apparently not being a slave to a major label = bad, and anyone who likes a lot of "obscure" Indie bands is an elitist who hates all music that isn't by some unknown band from bumfuckville, Ohio), and rave about the most overrated, or "popular", ones.

It's kind of funny that you hate Indie elitists who "hate" mainstream music when you seem to hate Indie just as much.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote