Music Banter - View Single Post - Wolf Parade
Thread: Wolf Parade
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 08:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
Blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Jesus, just because I dislike a "mainstream" indie band I'm suddenly an elitist? Yeah, even though I disliked them from when all the indie blogs started raving about them I must dislike them because they're popular.

All I've ever seen you do on here is insult some of the best indie bands (not to mention indie itself, because apparently not being a slave to a major label = bad, and anyone who likes a lot of "obscure" Indie bands is an elitist who hates all music that isn't by some unknown band from bumfuckville, Ohio), and rave about the most overrated, or "popular", ones.

It's kind of funny that you hate Indie elitists who "hate" mainstream music when you seem to hate Indie just as much.
you haven't exactly rebutted anything i said. yes, you're an elitist BECAUSE you dislike EVERY mainstream band, i think that's the definition of elitism in music. i don't dislike indie, because as you and i know, indie isn't really a genre and i listen to a lot of indie bands, who actually get a bit of press....eeekk!! you seem to have a one track mind when it comes to music, any exposure=bad music. and this is also something i don't get about you, which in turn frustrates me, it's that you for instance, like moving units and les savy fav and yet dislike franz ferdinand even though anyone can tell that both of the aforementioned bands are watered down versions or the ugly brother of franz. or you like EITS and think it's orgasmic, yet Sigur Ros is boring even though objectively, it's bigger and more monumental. Wolf parade has one of the best albums of last year, yet arcade fire, a kindred band, is not even close.....your inconsistency is what bothers me, and the only thing i can conclude is going on , is that you're deliberately going against the grain, so if a lot of people like a certain band=bad bad bad....that's just how i feel about your music taste, because even the biggest indie kids on this block like some mainstream from time to time....

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote