Music Banter - View Single Post - Wolf Parade
Thread: Wolf Parade
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 05:11 AM   #28 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
I don't dislike every mainstream band, which you'd probably realize if you stopped reading my posts and morphing them into whatever you want them to say. I've said in the past that I do like a lot of "mainstream" bands, but you only ever want to listen to what you want to hear, which is that I'm an elitist and I hate everything.
well, that's just the impression i got, when you start talking about mainstream music, i'll notice it more....and name some mainstream bands that you really really like....go on, then i'll back off forever...
Quote:
Oh, and you said this about indie music...

And then this...

*which is funny, because Franz aren't Indie.

And then this...
franz aren't indie? i beg to differ, domino is still an independant label as far as i know...

Quote:
Anyone seeing a pattern? By the way, he said all of that in ONE thread, about Belle & Sebastian, who last I checked were pretty famous and still one of my favorite bands (along with Spoon, the kings of borderline-mainstream Indie Rock).
your point? i still stand by everything i said....there are a few indie ( and by indie,i mean "hard core" indie ) bands i like, but on a whole....

Quote:
First off, I do like Franz Ferdinand. Second, Les Savy Fav are so much better than Franz I can't even fucking believe you just made that comparison. Jesus Christ. Les Savy Fav are a Post-Hardcore/Emo Art Punk band, and Franz are a Gang of Four ripoff.
how can you say you like a band and then say something else is so much better, i like my bands equaly, if i just "like" them, i'll say they're allright, but i wont be buying their album.....is that the kind of like you're talking about?

Quote:
Sigur Ros are not "bigger" or "more monumental" then EitS. As usual, you really have no idea what you're talking about. Sigur Ros use the same boring song structure and same simple chord changes in all of their songs. Sigur Ros' music always gives the appearance of being some great, epic song before you listen to it a few more times and realize it's just smoke and mirrors.Their music gets boring and blends together after a few brief listens, and while you complain about EitS taking too long to "build up," Sigur Ros never do. They're a lesser version of far better Post-Rock bands (including EitS). Explosions in the Sky, on the other hand, are absolutely amazing, and since we're busy making assumptions about each other, I bet if I didn't like EitS as much as I do you wouldn't dislike them as much as you do.
ok, everything you say about EITS and sigur ros is your opinion, so i wont delve into it further, but seriously, i don't dislike EITS because you like them, if you think about it, i check out anything you recommend and then base my judgement on them, i went to check out EITS because you said they were realy good, and i didn't like them, i checked out wolf parade, and can't get enough of them, that should be proof enough that i don't discriminate. my problem isn't with the bands you like, you like a lot of good bands i'm sure, i just get a little crazy when you criticise bands you don't like....

Quote:
Yeah yeah, just because I don't share opinions with everyone who reads Pitchfork and hates commercial music and all that bull, I MUST be "deliberately going against the grain." Please, just because I can form my own opinions and they don't always agree with whatever my fellow "Indie kids" think, doesn't mean I'm doing it "on purpose."
fine......

on a seperate note, this thread was meant for you, but i'm guessing you didn't read it....( shows that i respect you if you didn't notice )

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote