Music Banter - View Single Post - Wolf Parade
Thread: Wolf Parade
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 10:56 AM   #30 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
well, that's just the impression i got, when you start talking about mainstream music, i'll notice it more....and name some mainstream bands that you really really like....go on, then i'll back off forever...
The Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Queens of the Stone Age, Franz Ferdinand, The Futureheads, Eels, Radiohead, plenty of Britpop, etc. Or are those bands still too "Indie" for you?

Quote:
franz aren't indie? i beg to differ, domino is still an independant label as far as i know...
What Urban said, they're distributed by Sony here.

Quote:
your point? i still stand by everything i said....there are a few indie ( and by indie,i mean "hard core" indie ) bands i like, but on a whole....
My point was that you said you liked Indie, when it's pretty clear to me that you don't like Indie bands unless they're semi-famous.

Quote:
how can you say you like a band and then say something else is so much better, i like my bands equaly, if i just "like" them, i'll say they're allright, but i wont be buying their album.....is that the kind of like you're talking about?
I've never met anyone who liked every band they listened to "equally." I don't see how it's strange to like some bands more than others.

Quote:
ok, everything you say about EITS and sigur ros is your opinion, so i wont delve into it further, but seriously, i don't dislike EITS because you like them, if you think about it, i check out anything you recommend and then base my judgement on them, i went to check out EITS because you said they were realy good, and i didn't like them, i checked out wolf parade, and can't get enough of them, that should be proof enough that i don't discriminate. my problem isn't with the bands you like, you like a lot of good bands i'm sure, i just get a little crazy when you criticise bands you don't like....
Fair enough, it just seems to me that you take every chance you can to criticize bands I like, but you get so offended when I do the same to you.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote