Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does there seem to be a stigma attached to advocate for Men's Rights?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 10:34 AM   #1137 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I wonder if gender favored personality traits have more to do with conditioning people into thinking they have to behave a certain way because of their gender and perhaps that can add to why people feel like they were born in the wrong gender because they were conditioned to believe that their personality is feminine or masculine even though they physically are not.
I suspect this is the largest factor. Hell, we socialize infants to fit into existing worldviews of gender identity (pink/blue).

The Google guy went way too far in his analysis. If he stopped at, "we socialize women to be less interested in STEM, therefore, mandating equal representation will likely lead to less optimal outcomes for Google," then I'd say he has a valid point. He made the mistake of making it a biological deficiency, which only requires one counter-example to expose as sophistry (i.e. all women are biologically lesser than men in STEM fields. Oh really, meet Marie Curie, Rachel Carson, the inspirations for Hidden Figures, etc.)

He 100% deserved to be fired. He essentially called his female and minority coworkers inferior. This was an HR matter.