Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 02:52 PM   #19997 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Great film that does so much with so little. I am a bit worried that it will age poorly on a further viewings though.
I'd agree with this. Because there is basically nothing else to concentrate on - literally: no change of scene, no other characters who are not voices or, in one case, a brief face on a tiny phone screen on a video - there's nothing I think to reward subsequent viewings. Still, for what it was, I thought it was pretty great. But yeah, definitely not something you would watch twice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
So if I wanted to look up war movies with that 1700s, march in formation and unload with mass musket volleys kind of battles from the Revolutionary War and Napoleon and ****, what the hell do I even look up?
You could try docus and dramas on Napoleon. I watched a few: think one is called Napoleon and Josephine. There's also The Charge of the Light Brigade, and surely other, older type movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Ya, that movie was so much better than I'd imagined. Reynolds developed into a really good actor during his career.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Heartbreaking ending though. Gut wrenching.
Absolutely. Two great twists near the end. Heart rending, and yet, in its way, totally satisfying. Glad the writer/director didn't cop out at the end.