Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 02:52 PM   #20008 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Ever seen the original Dutch film "The Vanishing"? That also didn't cop out like the American remake did.
No, I have not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I felt like whether he (this is your chance to stop reading because I'm not feeling like spoiler tags) lived or died would have felt like a cop out either way. The combination/fakeout approach subverted that.
Exactly. The ending twisted so many ways, with first the hallucination, then the real ending, then the real real ending, you kind of didn't know how it would turn out. I loved the ending, even though it was so heartbreaking. The video will was soul-crushing; I mean, who is ever going to find that? Also, shout out to that snake! Yeah! You in MY hood now, biatch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post

All Things Must Pass

Tels the story of the rise and fall of Tower Records. Fascinating how a company can be the top of its game and then vanish just like that. The way they treat their employees however is how you run a company. Russ Solomon is a legend. This also makes me wish I grew up in the 70s.
Superb documentary, and very sad how it all ended up. There'll never be another place like that.