Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #522 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
I'm speaking in general to those (looking at you Goofle) who spout stuff like "I hate both sides".
Ineffectively.

Let's review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
I know the name of one of the groups. What's the name of the other one? The one that was made up of people of all different stripes. You got a name for them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
The ones who played a role in the violence call themselves Antifa.
So what I mean here by using the qualifier of playing a role in the violence is that the opposition was not entirely made up of people prepared for violence, but the ones that were were members of Antifa. They are a gift to the right with their counterintuitive violent methods and the way that liberals view the political violence with a wink and a nod drives people away from identifying with that group. I would think you would find that as concerning as I do.

The sides are not equally responsible for the violence and did not participate in equal numbers, but that doesn't mean that one side is all evil bad guys and the other is all innocent and fair heroes. Political violence will always be abhorrent and if you think otherwise then your opinion is fueled by partisan irrationality. That is an inarguable fact.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote