Music Banter - View Single Post - Racism (Yeah, that's right: I'm callin' it!)
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 11:08 PM   #350 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Except that has nothing to do with anything and you act as if we didn't do terrible things our selves.

This is where I am coming from: I am very tempted to think every Japanese person is docile and incapable of doing anything wrong. (Everyone knows America's sins and Americans are constantly being beat over the head with them.) Mord lives in Japan. He sees things we don't see and we see things he does't. I don't think his "you aint got nothing to complain about" (paraphrasing o/c) is the proper way going about it. However that being said what I get from him is that the Japanese are very insular and not welcoming of non-Japanese people.

Japanese before WWII was very isolated, and when you have a group that are insular or isolated it is very easy to have a "us versus them" mentality where racism, prejudice or hate can incubate. You can't deny that Japanese do not have a perfect humanitarian record for Manchukuo people or American soldiers during WWII. Just cause I mention that doesn't mean I am acting like America don't do anything during the war.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote