Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Colours" by Nadia Oh
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Might as well get this one over with. If I believe the general reaction to it here, I'm not going to be bothering Mister Matrix this week. And from the opener, I hate it. Jesus. ****ing autotune and crappy nineties house beats? Again, Jesus. Club music at its worst? Do you have to be on ecstasy to enjoy/endure this, or is it just good to dance to and not really listen to? Sounds like the Smash Monsters – remember them? No? **** you then. And **** this album. Goof, what possessed ya? You usually have such decent taste. This is beyond poor. The second track she doesn't even try to sing, just sings-like-a-robot- like-this. ****. The lyric is beyond poor. I know I said that already. I don't care; I don't feel like putting effort into this. If she won't put effort into her music why should I put effort into writing about it? Oh god save me, if only you existed, which sadly you don't so I'm ****ed.

We're only three tracks in. I'm never going to last fourteen! I agree with the pathetic “roar” - sounds like a kitten or something. ****'s sake. “She's phenomenal, like an animal”? Really? Oh look! From Wiki: she has been inactive in music and most likely retired from releasing music. Let's ****ing hope so! This is so juvenile, puerile, it's worse than the very worst amateur crap the X Factor can turn out, and that's saying something. I'm struggling to make it through the whole thing, but I don't want to insult anyone by not finishing their album. It's a sacrifice though, I'll tell you. Oh wait! This is the re-release I'm listening to on Spotify! The original only has TEN tracks. Let's do that then: four less Nadia Oh tracks is something to be thankful for. That means I'm about more than halfway through. Praise baby Jesus!

“No bueno” is just so ****ing annoying. This is literally like something a ten-year old would record at home – or maybe that's a little unfair. To ten-year-old girls. I'm sure they could put together something much better than this pile of - “You make me wanna jump out the window” - well, as someone else said, don't let me stop you. I might join you. Seriously: what's the ****ing point in that lyric? I hate you so much that I want to kill myself? If not, then what? Oh she's a bad bitch, apparently. Well I agree: very bad for releasing this turdfest upon the world. Oh man: “Jump out the window” just got, somehow, worse, with perhaps the most pathetic and emotionless rap – or attempt at one – that I have ever heard. How much more of this have I to stand? Three more tracks. It's not going to be exact, as there are tracks at the beginning of the re-release that aren't on the original and I've already inadvertently listened to them, but hell with it, I'm stopping at ten tracks either way. Can't make any difference anyway.

“Hocus pocus, you got me losing my focus”? How long did it take you to write that one, Nadia? Did you even write any of this? I don't know. If you did I wouldn't admit to it if I were you. How could they have found SIX singles to release from this? I couldn't even find one track I don't hate. What the blue jumping **** is “Shade” about? One more track and it's over thank Christ. Oh, let's be cool, huh, and spell “Supermodel” wrong. See? It's “Soopermodel”. Aren't I cool? No you ****ing aren't. **** off. Where's that death metal album? I need a drink and a shower.

For the first time EVER in the Album Club, this album gets my lowest rating: 0/10. Goofle, it's possible that you may never hold you head up here again.